Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Home from Maine, Hot & Sticky

Left that mountain air and coastal breeze behind and peeled into NJ near 7:30 p.m., just as the radio announcer on CBS News said it was 89 degrees.

I/we found beauty in that break.

So much more I hope to write, including about the historical house we stayed in [built 1844].

TCOY
  1. Ice water.
  2. No chips or fries at rest stops.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Waldo County Hospital--Punch and I stopped in to see my sister-in-law Sheila, in charge of food services [for patients and public]. She received an award from Michelle Obama’s rep. She has incorporated local farm produce and upped the taste and quality game. Two iced coffees and 1 brownie for P and money for hospice jar, $5. Also, this is beautiful Maine--no straws in cafeteria. Had reusable one in car.
  • Auntie Anne’s at rest stop, 1 large hot pretzel to share, $3.95.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $8.95.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JUNE 25: $3,381.71.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $135.26.


2 comments:

  1. After such a cool spring, this heat is something.

    Funny, I was telling NaN how Aspire is gorgeous, but really high end and aspirational, and then I saw your interview with the tilemakers fighting single use plastics, and turning plastic into tile. I totally will look into that tile when I plan my upstairs bathroom redo. NaN gets Aspire this weekend when I return all her beverageware. Our grad party was really good that way -we had trash, but not so very much with using real glasses and flatware. Totally worth it, i’m Sold.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, that is awesome that you borrowed beverage ware......was Nan at the party, too? The woman from that tile company....she really got me thinking....I'm already big into recycling but she has me thinking about toothpaste pellets instead of tubes, dry shampoo bars, etc. etc. She is really forward thinking. She says we don't need plastic. I guess I should just buy milk in cardboard cartons also, to save on plastic.......it's just generally more expensive that way.....I'm glad you are getting the magazine! Thank you. Love Alice

      Delete