Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Timber--But Not Funny at All

Wind snapped huge old tree in ravine behind our house. Knocked out power for our whole side of block--about 11 houses. I feel terrible because the tree was technically on our property. Most concerned because newborn Hank, two houses down, would be without power. But his young parents took him to grandma’s a couple towns away.
The tree-lined charm of this town is wearing thin for me.

TCOY
  1. Sorted/tossed some piles in my office.
  2. Bubble bath.
  3. Dinner out at Turkish restaurant w Dan and Fig. Ate some vegs.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF [MY] POCKET
  • Kings, laundry stain spray, bathroom cleaner, milk, candle, almond butter/dark chocolate candy, $22.08.

6 comments:

  1. Ouch, tree damage the worst.
    Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary after your sad experience with the tree on your house. Hope power is restored quickly. I’ve had my own run-ins with the big guys- but as my neighborhood loses the big ones I can feel the heat just walking around. I think they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I know you had your own run-in. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the supportive comments.......right now I'm at my friend's to use her Wifi because the wind also knocked out our internet connection and Comcast can't come until tomorrow.....hugs and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get finest CBD Shop and E cigrates from Tobacco and Vape Mart. We are offering reasonable cost vapes and e cigrates for last 15 years. Visit our website and know more.

    ReplyDelete