Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

Day 10, Donuts in the House

Yesterday, Punch came back from a daylong babysitter training course with 2 large donuts, one with rainbow sprinkles. I put them in a zip baggie.

When I couldn't fall asleep at night, my mind started scrolling through the sweets I could go downstairs and eat, including those donuts. I did not do so. I did fall asleep. I knew that if I took one bite, sitting at that kitchen table in the breakfast nook, it would be off to the races. It also helped that Dan had made a healthy supper of tacos with ground turkey, Bibb lettuce, salsa, tomato, onion, cheese, sour cream and avocado. [His vegetarian option: spicy red beans.] I had said to him before he went shopping, I can't have pasta or pizza. I also had Grape-Nuts with milk for a bedtime snack--too big, I might add. A serving size is 1/2 cup and I was way over; will adjust.

TCOY
  1. Short walk with Sug.
  2. Scrubbed bath tub. Taking care of tub is taking care of me, because I love baths.
  3. Ate healthfully: banana; Ezekiel English muffin; leftover turkey taco with lettuce, tomato and avocado; steamed broccoli; ice water.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET, NOW INCLUDES SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND MONDAY:

SATURDAY
  • Joyist, 3 small Mariel bowls [mango, kiwi, tahini granola, etc.], one each for me, Punch and Fig, and one container PB energy bites, $29.
  • Saunders Hardware store, the 12-pack of Yankee mosquito-repelling tea lights again, plus tax, $13.78. Pretty sure I can get them cheaper at Yankee online or in stores; will check.
  • Piazza della Sole, the shoe store in town. In sale room, found comfortable Naot shoes 50 percent off, $180 down to $90. Look at this website! Wow. I had no idea.
  • Parking meter, $1.
  • Kings, groceries, $46.
SUNDAY
  • ZERO. But Dan did dip his debit card for groceries at ShopRite and Punchy school supplies at Staples [that was a long list, $92, counting scientific calculator]. 
MONDAY
  • ShopRite, 3 large laundry detergent [sale, about $1.77 each!]; turkey and Pepperidge Farm white bread for Punch lunch; hot-bar chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner; powdered dish detergent; half-gallon organic whole milk; Honey Nut Cheerios; hummus + pretzel snack packs, $1 each; 2 Friendship whipped cottage cheese; 3 wet dog food, $50.43.
  • Kings, 2 Hu dark chocolate bars on sale, about 2 oz. each; 1 lb. fresh mushrooms; 3 plum tomatoes; jar chopped garlic, $16.23.
  • Sky Zone admission for Punch, $25.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF SEPTEMBER 9: $569.28.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $63.25.

Big-ticket 🎟🎟 September spends:
🎟 Citarella at Hudson Yards, dinner; plus fresh fruit, etc. to bring home, $35.
🎟 Whole Foods, groceries, including present for Fig and big yellow mum plant, $84.
🎟 Whole Foods, groceries, including salmon for dinner and an iced coffee from the barista, $63.
🎟 ShopRite, groceries, laundry detergent etc., $50.
🎟 Sky Zone [worth it, Punchy went with her nice friends], $25.
🎟 Joyist, $29.
🎟 Kings, groceries, $46.
🎟 Piazza della Sole, comfy, high-end shoes, half-price, $90.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, can’t resist donuts, this is impressive. Work is great because I love it and awful because I am really not as good at it as I thought I would be. I need to be much faster. A couple of things paralyze me, and they are stupid, and I know it, yet I struggle. Bah! Thanks for asking.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, I visualize you as highly skilled at this work--plus being witty never hurts, does it? You go. Love, Alice

      Delete