Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Day 11, Drove Over Tapp* to See Sis

But I didn't drive alone...Sug came for the day to see her Auntie, too--who spoiled her with deli turkey and praise when she jumped up big curbs. We returned home 7:30 p.m.

By then, I was overhungry--the ride had taken over 1.5 hours--and I overate in kind of a frenzy. Triscuits, hummus, Cheddar quesadilla and entire 2.1 oz. Hu dark chocolate bar. Even if it is Paleo and free of refined sugar, that's a big portion of chocolate. Don't know if I can keep it around for a while; it's just that the pricey bars have been on sale at Kings.

*Although I like what I knew about former New York State Governor Mario Cuomo, I can't bring myself to call the newly built Tappan Zee Bridge the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. I will stick with the Tapp. 

TCOY
  1. Seeing Sis, and walking Butter + Sugar by marina. We spotted a big, regal swan.
  2. I didn't start with those crispy, dry fried noodles? you dip in duck sauce at the Chinese restaurant where I took Sis for lunch. "Earth people," like Sis, can eat just a few, but I cannot.
  3. Healthy foods: vegs, brown rice, banana, whipped cottage cheese, multigrain tortillas. Not in that order.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • GASOLINE: $52 [includes $20 I forgot to add to Saturday].
  • LUNCH, treated Sis at Chinese restaurant, includes $6 tip, $33.39.
  • GROCERIES with Sis, whole-grain tortillas, light sour cream, shredded cheese, pound of salted butter, Shower to Shower powder, hummus, large container mascarpone [channeling my friend Nan], big box Triscuits, bouquet of flowers for Sis, pistachio creme ground coffee, $48.25. Stared down Mallomars, on sale--an old friend of mine. Or enemy?
  • DAN going out to meet his pal for a beer just now. Gave him last $20 I had on hand.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $153.64.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF SEPTEMBER 10: $722.92.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $72.29.

Big-ticket 🎟🎟 September spends:
🎟 Citarella at Hudson Yards, dinner; plus fresh fruit, etc. to bring home, $35.
🎟 Whole Foods, groceries, including present for Fig and big yellow mum plant, $84.
🎟 Whole Foods, groceries, including salmon for dinner and an iced coffee from the barista, $63.
🎟 ShopRite, groceries, laundry detergent etc., $50.
🎟 Sky Zone [worth it, Punchy went with her nice friends], $25.
🎟 Joyist, $29.
🎟 Kings, groceries, $46.
🎟 Piazza della Sole, comfy, high-end shoes, half-price, $90.
🎟 Gasoline, twice, $52.
🎟 Chinese lunch with Sis, $33.
🎟 Grocery shopping in Connecticut w Sis, $48.

No comments:

Post a Comment