Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2019

Money Mountain Builds

It was a fun & frugal weekend as a guest, thanks so much to Liz and Nan, who made delicious food for me and Kim and generously, lavishly hosted us. They thought of everything. We didn't have to pay for a hotel, meals or even locally roasted coffee!

But then I had a bump returning home, with Punchy's behavior. She later got sick in her room in the middle of the night and we didn't send her to school. Not sure if she ate something that disagreed with her or has a stomach bug. She also isn't always careful about washing her hands, though we remind her often. I've been out writing and organizing facts all day and Dan has been home. I'm now heading back to relieve him.

Saturday, October 5
  • ModCup Coffee, Jersey City, small capp for Kim, large latte for me, Lenka peanut butter granola bar since I didn't have breakfast and slept only about 6 hours, $13. 
  • Gas for drive to Silver Spring, MD., near Washington, D.C. $37.76. Much cheaper than Amtrak!
  • Hip bar for cocktails and tapas, Nan generously treated, we paid tip. My part, $5.
  • Metro card, D.C., $5. What a nice clean ride. And no admission fee for National Portrait Gallery!
Sunday, October 6
  • Maryland House rest stop, Nathan's hotdog with sauerkraut and container of coleslaw, about $8.
  • Other kiosk, 2 Peet's coffees, for me and Kim, veggie stix snack bag for me, about $7.
Monday, October 7, stressed out, Punch home sick [stomach bug?], Dan with her, and I'm back in the spending saddle again.
  • Kings, supplies for Punch [6-pack ginger ale, saltines, 6-pack low-sugar Gatorade], 2 dark chocolate bars on sale, Walkers box of six 2-Scottish shortbread snack packs [proved not a good idea for me], whole roast chicken, painted pumpkin for Punch, rustic rye bread, and for rice pudding recipe I want to make later, 2 giant oranges to zest, cinnamon sticks, arborio rice, organic cream to whip for top, 2 half-gallons whole milk, slim Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar on sale, undereye brightening cream [now you know I was depressed], Epsom salts with menthol for bath tonight, and, I admit it, big splurge, Giada's new cookbook, displayed at Kings and I've wanted it for a while [Giada's Italy: My Recipes for La Dolce Vita--the low-sugar rice pudding recipe for tonight is in it, calls for a little white chocolate and I hope to put that just in Punchy's part], $128.29.
  • CVS, 2 Rxs plus big bottle of my pink Caltrate bone health tablets [had $6 coupon], $37.26. Also got free flu shot there.
  • Sandwich Theory, sitting here to work all day, iced coffee, bag of chips [stress], Avocado Dream sandwich and jar tips, $13.50.
ADD FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY: $285.62.
RUNNING SPEND FOR MONTH AS OF OCTOBER 7: $345.67.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $49.38.


COMPARE TO TWO PRIOR MONTHS:
TOTAL SPEND FOR SEPTEMBER (30 DAYS): $2,214.43.🍎⬇️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $73.81.🍎⬇️

TOTAL SPEND FOR AUGUST (31 DAYS): $2,895.06. ⬆️
AUGUST AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $93.39.  ⬆️

No comments:

Post a Comment