Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2019

Newport News

I rose at 6, got Punch to school and worked hard all day, with a vet appointment for Sug in between. Then I boarded the 6:45 pm bus to NYC, worked on my laptop at the Starbucks in the Port Authority [some pressing deadlines] and walked across town to catch the 9:06 pm express train from Grand Central to Stamford. Sis was waiting at the end of the taxi line at 9:56 pm.

Tired now, and rising around 6:30 because Sis, Buttercup and I are driving to Newport, Rhode Island! We will dine at the historic Yacht Club there, walk around, relax. I first went there decades ago with Moey. I remember the mansions, and taking a ferry to Block Island but missing our stop on the way back.

I love road trips, especially to New England. We were going to try for the Cape this weekend--I was hoping to meet a Cape Cod Life Magazine editor for coffee. I had reached out and looks like I will get to write for her, but she is away this weekend. So Newport fell into place! Sis has gone there many times, for both Jazz Festival and sailing friends. My friend Celia goes there, too, because her Dad and his brothers grew up there.

I do have to write articles in between, but Sis is concerned about Columbus Day Weekend traffic, so we might leave by 8:30. I will try to make a dent in the next article I have to file before we take off. It's pretty short.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Relaxing hot bath with Epsom salts.
  2. Applied makeup, including brightening eye cream, which I like.
  3. Ate healthfully. Coffee as treat, smoked salmon, sourdough bread, roasted cauliflower, chicken cutlets, roasted peppers and squash, turkey Sis made.
  4. Walked across NYC from Port to Grand Central.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET [not listing vet, high bill of $215 for blood work to check for heartworm; one shot; steroid injection to ease Sug's shot reaction; and eye area trim/cleanup.]
  • Trusty, kind mechanic, money owed for oil change, $45.
  • Post office, card plus postage for 3 items, $8.44.
  • Round trip bus to NYC, about $15.
  • Round trip train to Stamford, off-peak, $23.
  • Roasted cauliflower side dish, about $8.50.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $99.95.
Ongoing spend for month as of October 11: $815.54.
Average daily spend: $74.14. Danger, Will Robinson: That avg daily spend is higher than last month's as of now. Watch it, which might be hard when traveling to Newport, with gas, food etc. But today's spend does count bus and train fare back home for Monday.


COMPARE TO TWO PRIOR MONTHS:
TOTAL SPEND FOR SEPTEMBER (30 DAYS): $2,214.43.🍎⬇️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $73.81.🍎⬇️

TOTAL SPEND FOR AUGUST (31 DAYS): $2,895.06. ⬆️
AUGUST AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $93.39.  ⬆️









No comments:

Post a Comment