Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

Goop News

I got my first paycheck from this gig--it was delayed due to paperwork, and this is the end of my fourth week there. But I really like the people, the place, the business--and the writing. Fingers crossed, I will be joining the staff full-time.

For weeks now, when I get off the uptown E train at 53rd and Lex, and walk over to the office, I've been intrigued by a place called Clean Market. It's on 54th Street between Second and Third avenues. A sandwich board outside advertises cryotherapy. I doubt I will ever try that. And frankly, the idea  of an IV Drip and Booster Shot Lounge is definitely not my cup of tea.

I went in to get an iced coffee with oat milk one day [no dairy there], but I only had cash and they only take cards. Then the weather took a cold dip, and I went in with my card for a steamed latte with oat milk.

Both of those times, the Goop products caught my eye. I've blogged about wanting to try Gwyneth Paltrow's beauty line before. Now I finally will.

I got the large tube of body wash and the jar of appealing pinky-orange whipped shampoo. They were the least expensive items in the line; many were $100 or more. Here is how I spent $114.28. Click the links. Really cool, clean brands.

Daily Dose - Chocolate Avocado Mousse [3 ingredients, just avocado, cacao and maple syrup, brought home to Figgy and she liked it! So did I. Very expensive but treat for her.] 
$10.00
Not Milk - Unsweetened Almond Milk [glass farm bottle]
$10.00
Big Spoon - Espresso Almond Butter [yum and no added sugar]
$15.00
$42.00
goop - Glacial Marine Clay Body Clean [I'm washing my face with it tonight, too.]
$30.00
Purchase Subtotal
$107.00
NYS & NYC Sales Tax (8.875%)
$7.28
Total
$114.28





$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Duane Reade, two cards + cookies for Punch, the ones she loved on the airplane with Dan, $16.58.
  • Refill MetroCard, $20.
  • Large, fancy handcrafted pumpkin latte with tip, way too much, $8.10.
  • Cafeteria lunch, $6.50.
  • Clean Market, above, $114.28.
  • Zara on walk to Port Authority, started my Christmas shopping for Figgy and Punch, really nice things, $82.14.
  • Holiday dress, below, $98.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $345.60.
RUNNING MONTHLY TOTAL FOR NOVEMBER AND NOW INCLUDES ALL DAYS, AS OF NOV. 15: $1,527.46.
AVG DAILY SPEND: $101.83. Better rein it in. Off to pay late electric bill now.

TCOY 
  1. Please see Clean Market, above.
  2. Plan to wash my face with the Goop product.  
  3. Walked almost 1.5 hrs in NYC.
  4. Went to Chase Bank to deposit check after work. Immediately called our health insurance co. to catch up on two months, about $700 per month. Now we can get the medicines we need. Crazy.
  5. I bought a Christmas and New Year's Eve dress. It was on impulse but it's a pretty dress that comes in larger sizes at Nordstrom. Under $100.  I will likely wear black opque tights with it. If it doesn't fit well, I will return it.GIBSON x Glam The Motherchic Sequin Faux Wrap Holiday Dress, Main, color, CHAMPAGNEcomes in larger sizes: 

No comments:

Post a Comment