Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Monday Coming Soon 

Punch did go to CCD today and behave.

But she fought me and was rude until we left home, about CCD and another stressful topic. She really pushes the envelope.

I was tired and ate sweets, starting with donut at church coffee hour. I was dragging. Had I done my hair and makeup, would have been more mindful, I think. Instead, I looked exhausted, so why not fuel that? Boo.

TCOY

  1. Mass.
  2. The Mernins came for dinner. Fig made brown rice. I made smoky vegan chili w San Marzano tomatoes and corn bread that was both GF [for Anne] and vegan [for Figgy]. Also veg sausages and GF chicken sausages to add. And Giada’s GF Espresso Brownies from a mix. They passed muster w Punch, a brownie lover.
  3. Sitting by fire 🔥 in hearth.

Money spent out of pocket

  • Montclair Stationery, where Fig works--taper candles, tealights, light-up Christmas tree for Sug, jar candle, glass jar for gift, Crane’s small Christmas gift cards w envelopes, Tgiving card for Sis, $63.64. FYI, I burn many candles in our living room these winter nites--for comfort, beauty and calmness.

Total daily spend: $63.64

Ongoing monthly spend as of Nov. 17: $1,927.26.

Avg daily spend: $113.40.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Alice. One suggestion- take power positions the two of you are in out of equation, and just talk about how to respond effectively when someone is rude. She's old enough to be interested in group Dynamics and in addition to defusing the domestic situation, it may give her some tools for peer interaction. There's a lot of rudeness around, we all need tools. Good luck, chin up.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I miss being able to comment but still love your observations. This is Alice on Dan's account--

      Delete