Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Cyber Shopping Frenzy

In the holiday spirit: Punchy when she was a baby elf, living with her birth mom
but at our house for a visit.
When she was a little older, she would call on the phone, asking, "Alice and Dan,
I wonder when you are available to pick me up?"
How many emails and texts and paid Instagram posts did YOU see, luring you to shop on Cyber Monday and then give back today, for Giving Tuesday? It was a frenzy, everywhere I turned.

I was working at home, waiting for a phone call. Meanwhile, I browsed my in box. At 10:01 am, an email with the header Giving Tuesday! Treat Yourself and Give Back Today! arrived from Karina Dresses, based in Kingston, NY. Made in the USA, easy to pack, machine washable, stylish, fit for all sizes, from very small to very large. I have one that I bought at a boutique in town years ago and I love it. For the size guide, you can choose your body shape [top heavy, bottom heavy, etc. etc.] and the company recommends styles.

The email said:
Giving Tuesday Has Arrived!
Shop with us today and not only will you receive 30% off your purchase, but we will be donating 10% of all our sales to the A.S.P.C.A. We love our pets here at Karina Dresses and we know you do too! Treat yourself and help us give back! Use the code DRESSES4ALL at checkout.

I needed to get some work clothes, anyway. I have been rotating one black skirt, one coppery-colored faux-wrap dress, one striped skirt and one black dress [which is delicate wool, from a thrift shop, and almost ready to fall apart]. Today I chose two beautiful dresses for a total of $151.80 instead of $108 each. And I liked that 10 percent of all purchases went to the A.S.P.C.A. That's generous.

I did a lot today between work and home and returning rental car for Maine, and want to go to bed! Good night. Sweet dreams.

TCOY
  1. Ate some fresh green beans.
  2. Ice water.
  3. Bought Woolite [expensive] and washed work clothes [not the wool dress!] on delicate cycle.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Refilled rental car tank to half, as we received it, $18 plus tip, since snowy and icy, $19.
  • Uber back to Montclair from car rental place in Paterson, with $3 tip, $15.29.
  • Kings, a real honey comb for Punch, who was with me; half-gallon organic grass milk; large bottle Woolite; 2-pack Viva paper towels; focaccia; healthy chicken sausage breakfast patties; tea light candles; box of pasta; and annual December splurge, Lake Champlain Chocolates [Vermont made] red and green milk and dark foil-wrapped coins to put in our crystal jar, $83.16.
  • Two Karina dresses, free shipping, $151.20. [Giving Tuesday sale, 30 percent off plus 10 percent went to A.S.P.C.A.]
  • Gas for our humble blue car, $15.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $283.65.
ongoing spend for month as of December 3: $510.38.
average daily spend: $170.13.
I have to bring this down, but I also have to buy a lot of gifts this season.

______________________________________________________
COMPARE TO 4 PRIOR MONTHS:
Total spend for November (30 days): $2,979.03. ⬆️
Average daily spend: $99.30. ⬆️
__________________________________________________________________
TOTAL SPEND FOR OCTOBER (31 DAYS): $2,495.36.🍎 ⬆️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $80.49.🍎 ⬆️
_____________________________________________________________________
TOTAL SPEND FOR SEPTEMBER (30 DAYS): $2,214.43.🍎⬇️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $73.81.🍎⬇️
___________________________________________________________________________
TOTAL SPEND FOR AUGUST (31 DAYS): $2,895.06. ⬆️
AUGUST AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $93.39.  ⬆️



2 comments:

  1. I did some damage on Cyber Monday, too! I'm really working the online shopping experience this year and saving a few walks in the neighborhood to scratch the actual shops. Now that I'm working, on-line shopping has saved me. But it's super easy to click click click. Requires discipline of a different sort, I'm discovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. Yes supereasy to click click click, as you say. Today was the first time I did click online, pick up in shop--ordered something cute for Punch Christmas gift from Vineyard Vines, 40 percent off and picked it up on my way home from work at the Grand Central Station store. I enjoyed that, very efficient. Have a good night. Alice xo

      Delete