Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2019

December 2 Already


An old photo of me and Figgy. My hair looks awkward; hers looks professionally curled.
She must have been in middle school. My dear Figgy.
Back to work today...but then Punchy's school day shifted from delayed opening to no school....and we got the poor girl up at 6 am and sent her trudging to the bus stop on the corner at 6:59....then we found out. Fortunately, Dan was home with her because I had to go to the office.

My managers were great. At around 2:30, when the snow swirling outside made it feel like we were in a snow globe, they told me to pack up and finish writing at home today and likely tomorrow.

I hope to get to bed early. Still tired from that looong drive from Maine yesterday.

TCOY
  1. Walked 1 hour 15 min total in NYC today
  2. A few spoonfuls Greek yogurt.
  3. Ice water.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Yesterday, gasoline, $7.
  • Yesterday, Starbucks coffee in my refillable cup, plus small tip, $3.
  • Donation on way to subway, man playing instrument, $1.
  • Today, from here to end of this list: Duane Reade, 1/2 gallon Horizon organic whole milk for office coffee [the business provides the coffee, I bring my own milk] plus 50 cents donation to help fight hunger, $5.99.
  • Cafeteria lunch, $5.50.
  • Grand Central Market, bag of Eli Zabar mini brioche rolls, $7.50; Murray's Cheese, havarti with dill, Velvet Bees Honey Butter, 2 quarts Hudson Valley Fresh whole milk, Vermont Creamery 8 oz. lightly salted butter log, bag of Early Bird Granola, $39.04. 
  • Macaron Cafe, most delicious and ample helping of avocado toast with sliced tomato, onion and a lot of smoked salmon; dark chocolate dipped orange peels [vegan]; dark chocolate almonds; and rice pudding in a glass jar for Punch and Dan, $36 plus $1 jar tip, $37.
  • Vineyard Vines at Grand Central, PJs on Cyber Monday 40 percent sale for Punch and me, $66. Hers are too small; returning with gift receipt. Mine are red plaid flannel.
  • Came home early from work to find another friend here with Punch. Two friends had been here earlier baking cookies with her, and they sold them on our block, making about $20. Anyway, I got off the bus to find Punch and A. saying they were hungry, so could we order a pizza? I ordered one and garlic knots, since Fig can't eat pizza cheese. $22.85 plus tip for icy driving and icy walkway, $28.
  • Phone charger plus tax, about $16.70.
  • Charity donation, $10.
total monthly spend as of December 2: $226.73.
average daily spend: $113.37.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo! Yes, t-day here, then off to Boston for 40th HS reunion,slipped out Sunday morning before storm, yay. Left phone on plane, not so yay, so had unplanned day off yesterday working that imbecility out. Got it, yay again. Good reunion, successful in seeing family, and serendipity with holiday shopping, so in good shape except work which is tres tragique. With that, I'm off.. happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I can only comment on Dan's laptop. It's crazy. Old photo....thanks. Glad your 40th reunion went well. Sad you lost your phone but glad you got it back. Yikes. Work tres tragique? I hope that changes. I have faith in you and your smarts and skills. Love Alice

      Delete