Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Mammogram & Fortune Telling?

Grateful for health insurance, for a radiology place right in town, for doctors who persistently ask when I had my last mammogram. For technology and smarts and for Nikki (sp), the pretty, fit young blonde in light turquoise scrubs who took my films today with patience, professionalism and grace. Also, I received my results on my iPhone by this afternoon. Such speed. Everything was good except now they add a breast cancer risk assessment score, based on family history, how many relatives had (breast or any kind of) cancer, their age at death, your age at having your first baby (if you had one), etc. 

This article about actress Olivia Munn is alarming, but she is trying to help all women and of course she saved her own life. A lot to consider and ponder, but not at 9:50 p.m. on a weeknight.

Good night.


2 comments:

  1. Glad all ok. My friend is now in remission from a terrifyingly aggressive, estrogen-fed breast cancer, and it hangs over all she does. Grateful for every clear mammaogram.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Liz, that sounds very scary. I'm glad your friend is in remission now. Alice

      Delete