Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Restorative Yoga at Night, with Dream Oil

This oil smells so lovely and the makers say it helps us dream better.

I went to my restorative yoga class tonight, led by lovely Krystal at Yoga Mechanics on Forest Street. It was relaxing, the music was beautiful, my body was at rest, I put my stress down. I was restored.

One of my favorite parts is when Krystal goes around the room at the end when we are in Shavasana, the final resting pose on the floor ("corpse pose"), and dabs a little dream anointing oil on us. 

"If you want the oil, put your hands by your side. If you put your hands on your belly, I will know you don't want it," she says.

As she put a few precious drops of the intoxicating, fragrant oil in my right palm, she said, "Alice, the world is lucky to have you." So life-affirming and touching. She does that for everyone. "Bernadette, the world is lucky to have you," and so on.

The yoga studio sells some magical products from Dolly Moo, a brand run by two sisters whose retail home base is in an adorable little shop in town. Yoga Mechanics is getting the dream oil this week. But I already purchased a bottle* a few weeks ago. I love the fragrance, made from a blend of flowers.

What I have to learn, though, is how to be better organized about dinner when I take a late class like this. I got home about 8:50 p.m., and there was continued family drama, and I grabbed some foods I had not planned to eat. I'm grateful that I see that and that I intend to strategize. 

Good night.

*The bottle is small, and has a roll-on top. I want to see if I can remove that top, because I don't get enough of the oil with it.

2 comments: