Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Article Archive: Check My New Pieces in Asp1re Magazine

I couldn't find an image of the November/December issue cover to download,
but it has a pretty hot pink border.
I confess that I mostly post my articles here in honor of my Aunt Edith, who was married to my very nice and colorful Uncle Aldo [Dad's brother] until he died too young, in his late 60s. My cousin Linda prints them out for her, b/c Aunt Edith likes to keep up with what I write. I am grateful for that. And the truth is, it's helpful for me to have links to all of my articles in one place now that [almost] everything is on the internet.

These articles are from the November/December issue of Asp1re. I love the hot pink color on the cover [www.aspirenj.com].

Here's the one about a beautiful Bernardsville home--the young boys who live there have had a grand old time, playing hide and seek on the hidden staircase and roasting marshmallows outside in the big yard: http://aspirenj.com/luxury-homes/living-color. The colors in the home are gorgeous and rich; the owner loves pink and turquoise.

And this is an article I wrote for the same issue, about color trends:
http://aspirenj.com/design-article/810. I adore the kitchens and furnishings pictured with the story! Wow!

Tired from boot camp, shoulders hurt, face needs washing, teeth need brushing. Maybe I could even put some eye cream on my parched under-eye area! That would be a dream come true.

Have been hauling out garbage to the curb [again, but it feels so good to be getting rid of junk], cleaning the bathroom, squeezing in a little work, chauffeuring dog and daughter in pouring rain, cooking dinner, doing dishes, buying a leash because Sug's went missing, popping in to see Dad with a poinsettia and glittery red pine cones in the dark of night. You will notice that my list does not include unpacking boxes--yet it should. It most definitely should. But I did manage to fit in some planting of paperwhite bulbs, which I bought for a dollar each at Bartlett's.

Sleep well.

2 comments:

  1. I love these articles, especially the one about color because that’s my thing. Thank you for posting them, and for the nice mention of my mom. I am printing them out now as I respond. Also picked up ShopSmart and passed that along to mom as well. Liked the snafus piece a lot, too. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Lin....and thank you, Aunt Edith. please give her a hug. love, alice

    ReplyDelete