Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"There's Nothing Abnormal"

Just called for breast biopsy results. H. flying to Canada for two days tomorrow and was anxious to find out; me too.

Was on hold for a while.

There's nothing abnormal, but the doctor wants you to come in so she can discuss the results with you, the woman who answered the phone told me. Okay, so there's nothing bad, but she just wants me to come in and talk about it? I asked. Yes, she said. Can you come in Friday? I couldn't, so I'm going Monday.

Relieved. Still wondering about what doctor wants to tell me, but can take deep breath for now. And stop self-soothing with chocolate in many forms [KitKat Dark, Balance bar, Dove Promises].

Thank you for caring and being there for me to tell...

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park.
  2. Walked Sug around block once.
  3. Good tooth care.
  4. Whole Foods with Fig; didn't spend a lot, and didn't buy any chocolate. ;)
  5. Finally planted self in chair to work on article revise. Built up head of steam that should power me through tomorrow.








4 comments:

  1. Nothing abnormal can only be good!!!! The doctor may just want to discuss "watching" it, or maybe some preventive plan. Or maybe talking face to face with a patient is what your doctor prefers to do after a biopsy. Whew! I am so happy for you, Alice. Thank you for letting us (all) know. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, thank you for caring. I am relieved. The waiting was hard, and I am still coming out of the waiting fog. Love, alice

    ReplyDelete