Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just Watched Tory Burch Fashion Show on Livestream!

Straight from the runway this morning!!!! Fall 2012 as it happened, live in NYC, via toryburch.com. Good thing I checked my email this morning and saw the announcement! [You can watch it, too.]

Loved it. Saw all the powers that be in the audience--there was Aerin Lauder, and I think I saw Allure E-I-C Linda Wells. We Tory fans were posting comments live on Facebook. Someone said they saw Anna [Wintour] leaving.....I missed her. [Now that I just watched the show again, tonight, I do see Anna and her perfect bob in the front row.]

So much to love this Valentine's Day:
  • Beautiful, slim, ladylike hairbands with tiny bows on the side--slid over pinned-up hair. Makes me long for smooth, slim hair to carry one off. Oh, hell, and a smooth, slim life to match.
  • Opaque cream tights.
  • Handbags with chain-link handles, the better to swing from your slender wrist. [Everyone's wrist is slender.]
  • The color plum! In clothing and tights.
  • Black with a shake of glitter.
  • A hint of matchy-matchy feminine in mod plaid-inspired pants and coat, with handbag in same colors. And a fitted black top to balance the plaid pants.
  • Metallic skirt paired with pastel pink top.
  • The lovely wallpaper on the set. Check it out.
Tory came out and gave a shy wave at the end. What a gift her design mind is.

Happy Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Yoo hoo-
    Lent is around the corner - drape all mirrors in purple, because none of us need unexpected sightings of ourselves... And I've with you in sighing over a sometimes rough and bulging life... but there's fashion! My days of cream opaque tights are behind me, but handbags and plum and metallics - yum, thanks for the glad tidings (and Happy V day!)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz. Happy Valentine's and thank you. Draping mirrors, great idea.....yes, fashion is a savior, for sure. thanks again for your note. alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your fashion copy, Alice! A treat!!! Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete