Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Snack Shack

Decided I better stock my house with healthy snacks. I've been grabbing too many unhealthful things and eating them standing up. Enough already. So tonight I bought:
  • Jar of popcorn kernels
  • Crunch Time, my favorite brand of chunky peanut butter [from Peanut Butter & Co., sold @ Kings]--a little should go a long way on a slice of toasted raisin bread
  • Baby carrots
  • Fresh blueberries
  • Sea salted almonds
  • Dark chocolate chips
  • Little 1-cup containers with lids
  • A pint of good Coffee Bean ice cream [I'll have a tiny bowl every now and then--it's so rich, buzzy and good]
Then I took out my scale and weighed out 2-ounce portions of dried apricots, almonds and a smattering of dark chocolate chips. I made four containers. They're stacked and ready for snack attacks, and that gives me hope.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the soccer dome.
  2. Walked Sug around block once.
  3. Tried to express feelings in a calm way. Succeeded.
  4. Raked some leaves, collected old wood/broken branches from the back garden.
  5. Spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment