Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Buzz @ NYFW Stone Rose Lounge

I zipped into the city [bus and subway] to lunch with two of my friends who are editors at Good Housekeeping. I had also gotten an email about the New York Fashion Week style lounge on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center, right near GH. The lounge is a busy hub--with D.J.--for bloggers, press people and fashion editors today and tomorrow from noon to 6.

I interrupt this notice to tell you that the Tory Burch fashion show was @ 9 A.M. in NYC today. So even if didn't have a coveted invitation to attend at the Pierre Hotel, at least I'm in the city on the same day. Good fashion karma. Check THIS LINK for a photo of Tory and her rich and retro fall 2013 looks. I love what she's wearing and overall, a lot of the details and fabrics.

What can I tell you? I have a great view of Central Park, just as the press release promised. I'm sitting on a hip, wide, golden-cushioned chair with metal frame. I have a black totebag from the Illy Issimo coffee booth, where I picked up a sample can of no-sugar CAFFÈ. I also stopped at the Yoplait Greek 100-calorie yogurt stand, where the pleasant young lady had some toppings--almonds, coconut and chocolate chips--on display in stemmed cocktail glasses.

Since I had just enjoyed a Japanese bento box, I bagged a yogurt to try later. But being a sucker for recipes and recipe cards, I took the one for Chocolate Cherry Mini Lava Cakes, which calls for a small container of Yoplait's black cherry flavor and 12 cherries with stems. On closer look, I don't think I would make the cakes, though, b/c they also call for "fat-free egg product" and I don't use that, preferring real eggs and butter. Still, the photo looks good.

The crowd pulsating around me fits the style lounge name. The men look like they stepped off the pages of Details--in well-fitted suits, or tailored jackets with straight jeans and sneakers. Also: bold color, in jackets and wintry scarves/mufflers. On the women: Gold James Bond nail polish, hip eyeglasses [Flutter Eyewear also has a space here], cool, netty hosiery, skintight black leather pants and strappy high heels. The top fashion accessory is the iPhone. But the best-looking man I saw was the one with the "cigarette girl" who was handing out NJOY electronic cigarettes. He was young, preppy, handsome--and nice--in a clean-cut, collegiate kind of way. [I took a pack b/c I'm curious--Figgy recently told me some high school classmates are into them.]

People--presumably stressed between fall fashion shows--are getting free back and neck massages and also sipping Disaronno amaretto cocktails like the Skinny Sour and Fashionista di Sarrono. Ima try one before I head for the bus, and back to suburbia. I will return home an ounce or so hipper than when I left.

On my way. Enjoy your day.

Postscript: I got a Disarosa, served in a Champagne flute. A mix of fresh-squeezed OJ, prosecco and Disaronno amaretto. Yum.

TCOY
  1. Good tooth care. And actually took time to apply makeup and set hair today.
  2. Healthy breakfast. For snack, delicious Dannon key lime Greek yogurt [in blue cup]. Rich and satisfying. On sale @ ShopRite now, 4 generous cups for $3.99.
  3. Did get some subway walking in, but not much, due to slush, high heels and winter sluggishness.
  4. Breathed in my beloved New York City air.




2 comments:

  1. There's nothing like New York, and I love your vivid description of the buzz. Oh, for good looking men in well-fitted suits not afraid of bold colors! Your job takes you to some great places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan!!!! thank you for the note. have you been to NYC lately? love alice

    ReplyDelete