Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Little Green Diary: Weighty Issue

I've stumbled upon some code words in my diary that I no longer understand. Unfortunately. I put one in pink--maybe you can figure it out ;)

I was never really overweight as a child, so it's surprising that I was going on a diet at age 12. That's girlhood in America for you. It's even worse now; the obsession can kill you. [Rest assured, I wasn't so good at sticking to those plans.] I do remember my Mom and her friend Vera doing Atkins....and one of them baking an Atkins cheesecake.

March 13, 1973 [age 12]: I played with I. and Lynn. Had G.S. It was beautiful. One week from today is Spring! Really went on a diet! Bifsore

March 14, 1973: Stuck to Bifsore. Drank water. Had gum instead of food. It rained during school. I played with Linda. Studied His. Mom went to opera.

March 13, 1974 [age 13]:  Mommy is at the opera with Rita Blake. I got 100 in Science. Lorraine was absent with a cold. I called her. Deb T. is also sick. Irene and I talked. 

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Gorgeous day.
  2. Walked Sug around block.
  3. Bento box lunch special, $10.11 counting tax.
  4. Nap. 
  5. Listening to my CDs on laptop while I work. Diana Krall, smoky! And also audio version of The Outermost House. 

2 comments:

  1. Whatever "Bifsore" is, it sounds extreme! (Gum instead of food.) Maybe Sis can help you break the code. Will talk soon. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin. i will ask Sis but i doubt it. i had a lock and key and codewords so no one else in my house could understand. btw, gum instead of food...it think that was between meals....? love al

    ReplyDelete