Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Guest Blogger Punchy Writes about a Horse

Image from hellawella.com.
Punchy dictated this to me at 5:47 p.m. today:

You know how the horses have been kept in because it's been really cold out?

Before my lesson on Saturday, this huge grayish white horse stood up on its hind legs and made a sound like neighayayayayyayay, like grunting. I was scared. I thought the horse was going crazy.

They said Halt! which means stop in horse language. And the horse stopped.

My teacher, Krista, quickly picked me up and put me in the viewing room. And I was safe. But scared. I was shaking.

The woman who runs the barn said, "Maybe its girth was too tight."

I was okay and then I had my horse lesson. I trotted!




5 comments:

  1. Wow, Punchy, that sounds really scary! Horses are so big and when they stand up like that, and you don't know what they will do next, it can be terrifying. Good thing your teacher acted quickly. And good for you in your lesson-trotting!
    Nan S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punchy, This was a pretty exciting story. I bet you have a lot of great stories to tell
    being around horses so much. One day you're going to be a horse expert, not just in riding, but also in understanding their moods and habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting story Missy Moo! Great story telling!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete