This still counts as day 3; but it's one of the two days in the month when I am allowing myself to eat the sweets I want. I caught the 8:42 a.m. bus into NYC to meet Sis for Sniffapalooza, a fragrance lovers' event....hope to blog about it soon. NYC is such a sophisticated playground for lovers of every food group, including sweets. Here is what I had today:
- 1 large slice of Junior's red velvet cheesecake. Very good.
- 1/2 of small mediocre dessert at Sniffapalooza lunch.
- 2 little cookies at Sniffapalooza event at Molton Brown store on Madison Avenue.
- 1 cup bittersweet hot chocolate with baby bowl of whipped cream [$8.50] --at La Maison du Chocolat, 30 Rockefeller Plaza. It came with a tiny foil-wrapped tile of chocolate. Also: 1 large vanilla macaron [$5]. Let me say, this hot chocolate was divine. You can also get semisweet. I feel like this was a real splurge, something I would remember for its opulence and luxury. I sat at the counter by myself at about 5 p.m. [Sis had headed back to Connecticut] and sipped it from a white cup with a silver spoon.
- Did start the day with a healthy breakfast at home: 1 slice rye toast with butter, 1 smoothie made with 1/2 banana, low-fat milk, ice and PB.
- Actually applied makeup today, albeit in front of mirror at Port Authority bathroom. Chanel concealer, Bobbi Brown sky-blue eye shadow, Christian Dior navy mascara, Guerlain bronzer--and the tangerine Aerin lipstick I bought on my day trip to the Hamptons this summer.
- Walked all over the city, from the Port Authority to Bergdorf Goodman, over to Molton Brown, back to Rockefeller Center. Popped into St. Patrick's Cathedral; very pretty in its spruced-up state. Passed 10,000 steps on my fitbit.
- Time to laugh and play with my Sis.
- A few new beauty creams to enrich my life.