Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Stars on the Cape

I see the stars in that inky sky but aside from that, it's been a day of cleaning, packing [swimsuits, sweatshirts, sunscreen, groceries, dog food, books, medicines, sheets and towels], watering the garden, getting the trash out, leaving a note for the postman and then sitting in the car from 4:30 to 10. It feels good to finally be here on Cape Cod w H., Punchy and Sug.

He's reading to her right now--in the bedroom I first inhabited in 1980 when this ranch house was newly built. I remember the joy! The ruffled curtains that used to hang there, the spacious closet, the twin bed with its white chenille bedspread, a hand-me-down from Rite & Bob. It was the perfect place to read paperbacks and get a good night's sleep.

On Tuesday, H. and Punch drive to Maine to fetch Figgy and bring her here. It's a long drive and good of H. to do; he'll also get to see his Mom and family. I will stay behind with Sug because I crave a 7-day Cape stretch. It will be nice to have our Figgy here.

I like the comfort of the blue checked sheets that we only use here, the same old kitchen window that gets stuck, the clean stretch of time and space. And I like that we can bring Sug along.

Good night.

TCOY
1. Still no sweet treats since August 1. But I do enjoy no-sugar-added ice cream sometimes. Had dried apple chips and wasabi peas in the car, with water.
2. After a busy day, I was exhausted by 3 pm. I told H. I had to lie down and nap and he could wake me when car was all packed and ready to go. Felt refreshing; took the edge off.


2 comments: