Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Charge! The Annual Upper Montclair Sidewalk Sale

The Bergenfield Sidewalk Sale was a highlight of my girlhood summers. I would walk there from Dumont--in about 30 minutes--with Lorraine or Irene. I bought my first album on those sidewalks [The Beach Boys, "Endless Summer," secondhand]. I can't remember what else I bought, but being an eager shopper, I can clearly recall the storefronts lining Washington Avenue: Florence Shop, Woolworth's, Mandee's, Carvel, Stanley's Bake Shop, the Palace movie theater. For a small-town girl, it was always a big-time thrill.
And so I love the Montclair Sidewalk Sale, held every September. So many great stores, but budget to mind. Figgy worked all day at Montclair Stationery. I brought her The Kyle from Juice Culture--sweet, crisp organic apple slices w hemp seeds, cacao nibs, PB. I hit STITCH, my favorite store, and got Kenneth Jay Lane turquoise golden hoop earrings on sale and a sleeveless oatmeal turtleneck sweater, $148 marked down to $29. It's long and I will need to smooth bulges w control top pantyhose. That's ok! At Williams-Sonoma, landed a single Sea Blue Floral china plate by AERIN, Estée Lauder's stylish heir. Originally $12.95, down to $8 w special sale today. Made in Portugal. Good finds, good night. Fashion, style, beauty: Forever fun.
TCOY
  1. Walked back from town.
  2. Healthy, delicious Juice Culture smoothie.
  3. Dan & I walked Sugar & Butter around the block. We're all going to miss Butter when Sis returns this week.
  4. Punch sautéed diced squash for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment