Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Shoulder Wings Tired & Support from Dan

Wings tired....and writing about winged corkscrews etc. I had to tell my client I need until midnight tomorrow night [June 1] to finish.

Yikes almighty. When I get this paycheck, I might buy a pair of earrings with faux blue gemstones.

Dan has been covering things like crazy since Monday, and I am grateful. He:
  • Drove to Target to get Punch the black leotard and tights we needed at last minute last night for school dance show rehearsal. It tickles me that he is such a good Dad to Punch and Figgy. I had to explain that they were tights with feet, different from the black leggings he found in her drawer for the show finale.
  • Has supervised her homework every night, and done a very good job of it.
  • Made us dinner.
  • Did dishes and laundry.
  • Took Sugar to the vet.
  • Picked Punch up at school today and drove her to her 2-hour gymnastics makeup class.
  • Applied her lavender-scented fox to her back last night when her muscles hurt. [Have you seen those aromatherapy animals? Filled with lavender, zap in microwave for about 90 secs.]
I know lots of Dads and husbands do lots of things, but this cooperative teamwork is a bit newer for us, at least when it goes as smoothly as this.

Right now, he's out for a well-deserved beer at Tierney's in town with our friend Michael [Anne's husband].

Good night to you.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck today, gadget girl, and glad you have a worthy partner. Funny how female clothes more complicated, not sure peter knows difference between leotards and leggings ... sandwich Sunday is monthly social concerns activity where parish makes and then delivers lunch for shelter. I don’t do it, I read about it!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz. Where is Nan, I'm missing her...must be superbusy with work....how is your poison ivy? Re. female garments, yes, I still like to gently tease Dan about when we were first dating...he called a camisole a chemise and pronounced barrette as beret....endearing...well, he grew up with all boys until his sister was born when he was 12. I like the sound of Sandwich Sunday. TGIF to us all. love alice

    ReplyDelete