Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Travels with Ali

School starts Thursday for Punchy! My friends Anne and Elly cobbled together a girls’ trip at the last minute. We three are heading Upstate--house rental for one night, just booked this morning. We plan to leave 8 a.m. tomorrow and return early afternoon on Monday. We hope to walk, talk, have coffee,etc. And if I know Anne and Elly, some thrift shopping may be involved [the joy of the hunt]. I still have sand in my bag from the Thursday Hamptons trip! It’s ok, I’m a quick packer. And once school starts, I will have less flexibility. Good night.

TCOY

  1. Healthy smoothie from Joyist.
  2. Support group. A gift. 
  3. After meeting, caught up with two friends I cherish [both from group]. When I don’t have to rush back for Punchy’s soccer game, etc., I love the chance to talk.
  4. Weeded and pruned crazy, ailing rosebush outside my office window. So I have a better, cleaned-up view. Spent about an hour in that overgrown side garden.
  5. Finally drove to good shoe repair shop [at Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus] with 2 pairs of Tory sandals. I’ve been without my beloved sandals w heels all summer! They will be ready Thursday.
  6. Browsed in Neiman Marcus to get lay of the land stylewise. Saw some nice items but nothing absolutely fabulous. I liked a very large bottle of fancy delicate laundry wash [see 7] but it was either $45 or $50, so no. But it smelled amazing and scent would linger on lingerie. 
  7. Bought a good pair of Hanro underwear.
  8. Japanese restaurant w Dan.
  9. Walked Puff around block.


3 comments:

  1. So, what’s the lay of the land stylewise? I hear generally the 80s, but don’t get out to stores. my newspaper circulars are not helpful -ripped jeans and gray t shirt grunge, boho peasant shirts. Any reports from the field appreciated! Have fun upstate
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm.....I only did a very quick sweep...Milly brand has beautiful bright colors and fitted dresses....for youthful career women, but you can still borrow the trend. Tory Burch no longer at NM, after years...boo! Burberry always classic, can get nice black cotton tee w signature plaid cuffs at not too too much over $100...Frank & Eileen, from CA...I’ve written about them for Aspire...expensive fitted shirts...casual though..,check the website....and a new brand....I think Halperin? Xo

      Delete
    2. Just checked, Kobi Halperin. New to me. I liked an optional off shoulder neckline, actually bought similar in Hamptons for $60 the other day. I won’t wear off the shoulder.

      Delete