Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2019

Beauty Marks

$MSOOP
  • Raymond's on Church Street after helping in Punchy's school library from 9:30 to noonish. Scrambled eggs, Cheddar, salsa verde, multigrain toast, home fries. $10.66 plus tip=$13.
  • Java Love to work. Large decaf coffee and slender cherry biscotti, $5.01 plus tip=$5.51.
  • TrishMcEvoy.com. New site, use code for 20 percent off. My roll-on, 24-hour creamy eye shadow stick is getting low, since I bought it at Trish shop on Jobs Lane on my Hamptons day trip this summer and wear it often [every day, until my generous friend gave me a luxe palette in December]. It's hard to get discounts on name brand makeup. So, $13.20 discount, free shipping and $3.50 tax=$56.30. [See images below and prices before 20 percent discount.]
  • Half-gallon almond milk and quart of whole milk, $6.48.
TOTAL: $81.29.

24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner main image
24-Hour Eye Shadow and LinerCrystal Heather$34.00
Lip Perfector Conditioning Balm main image
Lip Perfector Conditioning BalmLip Perfector$32.00

2 comments:

  1. Don’t answer if too nosy, but why do you count groceries ? I get what tracking eating out and makeup and clothes, they are wants and not needs.. but milk?

    Also please don’t worry about criticizing recipes from vegan book. I’ve tried several, really like a few , a few ok, a few stink. All cookbooks are like that! I love the honesty of your blog, so pls don’t downplay your feelings bc I read!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz....no, I know, cookbook recipes can succeed and fail, for sure...except Melissa Clark and Joy of Cooking and maybe Ina? ;). This recipe was from a book I'm writing about....but I tinkered a lot....why track $ for groceries? Because I can really tend to overspend in grocery stores....so Dan wants me to avoid Whole Foods and Kings...I'm hoping he will do most grocery shopping (at ShopRite) and I will track my supermarket dollars. Otherwise, I am sometimes lured by flowers; candles; expensive cheeses we don't need; $13 bags of granola; and even organic cotton underwear at Whole Foods, though I stand by the value of that. Also: Magazines. Fortunately, my dentist's offices gets so many good ones and posts a sign, "Please take whatever magazines you want" and I leave w a stack including Vogue, Yankee, Seventeen [for Punch] and many more. Thanks for caring.

      Delete