Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Slogging through My Home Office Like a Warrior

It feels so good...and bonus, I unearthed not one, but two pairs of designer sunglasses I had misplaced, plus two new candles that fit my crystal holders and even some handwritten notes from a time I interviewed Dad. I don't remember interviewing him.

Punchy is home! I also uncovered a copy of an official document with the details of her birth [hospital, weight, length etc.] and she really wanted to keep it close. I had it in the back of a bookcase.

I've been cleaning and tossing for hours and have to rest.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Pitched an essay to a magazine.
  2. Bought old-timey Grape-nuts, lots of fiber and protein. Good snack today. As I was putting box in my grocery cart, three workers at Whole Foods [two men, one woman] who were stocking shelves talked about how much they love Grape-nuts and marveling that the store carries them.
  3. Ate a couple organic raspberries.
  4. All of this cleaning and sorting and getting rid of cobwebs is also helping me clear cobwebs from my mind.
  5. Healthy salmon, rice and veg bowl for lunch.
  6. Walked Sug down hill and back up.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Stop & Shop, have to add last night, since I went after I posted here. Lox, hummus, smallish bag potato chips, about $13.
  • Parking meter, $1.
  • Hair salon, blowout, tip and Aveda brow pencil to go with my hair color, $68.
  • Whole Foods today, full pound of smoked salmon [$20], that salmon bowl for lunch [about $12], orange juice, grass milksoy milk, light cream, Grape-nuts, graham cereal, raspberries, crackers, Nature Valley PB granola bars, Theo 85 percent dark chocolate bar, $71.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $153.
TOTAL MONTHLY SPEND AS OF AUGUST 21: $2,344.75.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND FOR MONTH SO FAR: $111.65.
[I added in all Cape and travel days now.]
Punch was on Cape for 10 days with us, but then followed by 10 days with Mimi in North Carolina,
Atlantic City etc. So I should try to bring our bill down until she returns. It is spiking high with Cape Cod spends.

Hot, big-money spends in August, or how I spent our bread:
🥖 Salon blowout, tip and Aveda brow pencil, $68.
🥖 Whole Foods, groceries, $71.
🥖 Health food store in Southampton, Dr. H. lip balm and Hu coffee beans, $31.
🥖 La Couronne, Montclair, dinner to go for Dan and me while watching Saturday night movie, $66.
🥖 Cafe Giotto, Montclair, dinner w Elaine, my part with tip, $53.
🥖Fill gas tank twice on Cape Cod, $46 x 2= $92.
🥖Idle Times bike shop rental for Punch from noon Saturday until 5 p.m. Sunday, $31.
🥖T.J. Maxx, four designer dresses, Adidas sneakers, knock-off lightweight Burberry scarf, Olga bra, Lauren pillow, shorts, etc. etc., $338.
🥖Pizza+/fancyish restaurant dinner with Punch after swimming in pond in Brewster until after 7 p.m., $77.
🥖Mac's Market & Kitchen, lobster, clams, kale salad, mango salsa and other Sunday dinner ingredients, $53.
🥖Brewster bakery, including cookbook I somehow lost, maybe a message from God because it was packed with recipes for sweets, $25.
🥖2 Massachusetts mugs, one for Cape and one for home, $28.
🥖Commando.com, black half-slip, $65.
🥖Arnold's Lobster & Clam Barfried clam belly basket plus tip, $30.
🥖Pure Vita, the new CBD [not for me] and natural home care store with essential-oil bar and pretty pineapple throw pillow case for Cape house, votive candles, seaweed/lavender bath sachets, $52.
🥖Stop & Shop, Cape groceries, $29 + $40 + $52=$121.
🥖Lobster roll supper with P. at Adams Lodge in Wellfleet, $32.
🥖Eastham info booth, pink sweatshirt, $30.
🥖Mass Audubon annual family membership, $65.
🥖Sunbird breakfast sandwich w citrus mayonnaise on grilled ciabatta plus expensive coffee beans from, of all places, Portland, Maine, plus tip, $27.
🥖Audubon gift shop, small turtle rug for home; bird gift for Figgy; goat milk body wash; Bee Boss Body Balmwhich I love for lips, too; small owl wall calendar for family, with member discount, $88. 
🥖Vineyard Vines, candy-pink gingham skort, orig $98, now on sale for $68.99, plus shipping, $79.
🥖Mac’s Market & Kitchen, lobster, scallops, salmon, lemon, cornbread square, crackers, $49.

COMPARISON SHOPPING. That long Cape Cod vacay in August really drove the numbers up so far.


TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH OF JULY [STARTING JULY 5; I LOST A FEW DAYS THERE]: $1,610.81. ðŸ‘› 🎯 ⬇️
JULY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $59.66!  ðŸ‘› 🎯 ⬇️

TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH OF MAY: $2,348.24.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $75.75. 

TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH OF APRIL: $3,634.28.
APRIL AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $121.14.




2 comments:

  1. As the leaves start turning, I have to fight starting projects. I have a plan, and a backup plan, and the tendency to add on... must resist! But go you with your sorting and tossing and discovering lost items. Happy back to school! Does P go next week or after Labor Day?
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the title! Also, love the actions. My home office is literally piled high with boxes of things I brought home from my work office, and other crap displaced from the basement reno. I love the serendipitous discovery of long-missing documents. Next couple of days it’s supposed to rain- so maybe you’ve inspired me to tackle the mess.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete