Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Bees Sting, Owls Watch

Moey has three younger brothers, and this photo is by Ryan Cassidy, the son of her youngest bro, Jimmy, born when we were in fifth grade (ck).  I hadn't seen Ryan in a while but last night, he showed us some photos. He is gifted. It takes a close, patient and quiet eye to capture nature like this. LMK if you need a wildlife image. I will send you Ryan's contact info. Photo copyright Ryan Cassidy.

Summer stung like a bumblebee this year in many ways. But the details are too personal to publish. 

Still, pollinators are good, so maybe this sting can turn out to help our family somehow grow and reseed. IDK. Take the stinger out, follow a winding path to eventual flowers or dripping golden honey?

It takes great effort to step back and accept. Risky behaviors, unsafe choices. I hope and pray, but that only goes so far for me. It doesn't give me endless serenity and trust. I can't change the past--not my own flawed behaviors and certainly not the teenager's early god-given road.

So what can I do? I can apply salve (I took a bath with a luscious Dolly Moo bamboo & blue tansy bath bomb today, smells so good and clean and the color is so pretty). Even combed on a little black mascara, swiped on Prada lipstick, dipped into Bobbi Brown beachy nude cream eye shadow. I can take a peaceful nap. I can continue to love even when I do not want to, or think I possibly can. I can follow a code of tolerance and love. 

I can judge and criticize less.

Yesterday was Moey's bday. Dan and I went over to the deck for thin crust pizza, vegs and dip, chilled shrimp and to sing happy birthday to Moey. Her parents are 87 and 86 (ck); I can't believe it. When they had Moey 63 years ago, Mr. C. was 24 and Mrs. C. was 23. Ted was there (Moey's husband), their fun, smart son, Kevin, and Ryan Cassidy, their nephew. He is into wildlife photography. Look at that amazing photograph above!

Well, I might watch another episode of "Emily in Paris" on my laptop now.

Good night.

I enjoyed Friday night with Figgy. I wish I had a good Spice photo 
but she won't take pictures with us too often lately. I sunk pretty Papyrus unicorn bday candles into this vegan Jeni's Lemon Bar ice cream for Figgy. I wish they had sugar-free, for me. (The website says $12 but I found it at Wegmans on sale for $6.99.)








5 comments:

  1. The photo is extraordinary! I'm sorry the summer has been so rough, Alice. But I like you had a nice evening with Figgie. She looks so great here, as do you. Take it one day at a time, and relish the moments of joy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that nice note. :) I am hoping Ryan can start to publish some of his great photos......and earn money for them.....I still can't get over how much he reminds me of his Dad, Moey's little brother. xo

      Delete
  2. O fun hair with your girl, pretty sure it was a different color last photo I saw. And the owl is darling. You are doing exactly right, and persevering in love and fidelity while taking care of yourself and respecting agency, no matter how un skillfully it may be wielded. Excelsior!
    Xxx
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, thank you for your empowering "excelsior!" Yes, that owl is amazing. And yes, I had too short, too brown hair in an earlier summer photo. Love Alice xoxo

      Delete