Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2024

"Mother Mary Comes to Me"

I've heard for decades about "Our Lady of Fátima," but didn't register the location (Portugal) or the full story. It was reported in 1917 that Our Lady appeared to three shepherd children. Two died in the 1918 flu epidemic. One girl became a nun and lived to age 97. Image from HERE.

Paul McCartney and John Lennon wrote these lyrics (song released in 1970). Such gifted men, makers of beautiful art that touches the heart and soul. Look how deep their gifts were; look what they left the world. This morning I asked the Google speaker to play "Let It Be." Listening helped me through brushing my teeth, wriggling into my blue denim skirt, pouring coffee, getting by. Google played a lovely instrumental version, I think by Lemon Tart, great name. I have to get to work now at my desk. Here is another post, "Hail Marys on the #66 Bus." That was about young Figgy, but today my Hail Marys are for Spice. I decided to stop using the name Spice/Spike because that's not very kind.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to meSpeaking words of wisdom, let it beAnd in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of meSpeaking words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beWhisper words of wisdom, let it be
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agreeThere will be an answer, let it beFor though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will seeThere will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beThere will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beWhisper words of wisdom, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beWhisper words of wisdom, let it be, be
And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on meShinin' until tomorrow, let it beI wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to meSpeaking words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beWhisper words of wisdom, let it be
And let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beWhisper words of wisdom, let it be
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Paul Mccartney / John Lennon
Let It Be lyrics © Sony/atv Tunes Llc

4 comments:

  1. Every minute she has love, care, support strengthens her, even if she does not acknowledge that they are there. It is harder to be hopeless about yourself when others are hopeful for you. Hang in there, Alice. ❤️
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz :). When I wrote about our Lady of Fátima appearing, I wondered if you believed in the saints appearing, etc. Love Alice

      Delete
  2. What Liz says is so true, even if the acknowledgment never comes.

    Let it Be was also my song for the toughest times. And morning always comes.

    Thinking of you a lot.
    Xoxo,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nan. I like that this was your song for tougher times, too. Love Alice

      Delete