Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Twin Furballs

Greg's and Meg's dog, Bailey, left, and our Sugar Maureen in Vermont.
I'm too tired to write much. I was busy supervising day 2 of our belongings moving back from storage. [H. supervised day 1.] The second truckload arrived at 14 Nassau today. Then I spent hours sorting through files here at the condo and throwing stuff out.

I have to say, it feels good to do all this. I was dreading it, but it feels positive and right.

My pal Sug was with me all day, patiently watching me clean out the basement, mow through piles of paper. She is in exhausted position now, too. But in Vermont on Saturday, she happily followed Bailey on a two-hour jaunt over the mountains and through the woods. She was also proudly modeling her monogrammed Lands' End winter coat from the Mernin family. Link: http://www.landsend.com/pp/DogSquallJacket~213057_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ADB&CM_MERCH=search-_-dog&origin=search. Long live the Bichon. Good night.


Photo by Figgy.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like real progress in returning to your "new and improved" old home sweet home. If I lived closer I could come and help. I would. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Alice...as much works as it is, a fresh start is such a gift! I'm almost envious. Almost....it is a boatload of work, I know. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to be getting back to your own place with all your own stuff! And with fresh new colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin and Kim and Nan....thank you for your good thoughts. things are going pretty well so far. signed gratefully, alice

    ReplyDelete