Was too tired to write last night after we got home 11:30ish. My feet were killing me. On way in to city, said to Fig, Oh, we won't be able to cover much distance. We should have worn flip flops.
Flip flops? It's called Fashion's Night Out, not Slob's Night Out. She cracks me up.
Spent next to nothing besides $3 fed to meter to park on Madison Avenue and 71st.
Free oglings and observations:
- Justin Bieber. Fig saw him at Dolce & Gabbana. I was feeling crowded with the bright lights and big crowd, so I left and we kept in touch via text for a while.
- Tory Burch. Yes, I saw her again, while Fig was Biebering. Last two years, I saw her in her boutique in meatpacking district. This time, there Tory was in her new Madison Avenue store! I adore her style. Also: waiters served mini crème fraiche ice cream cones.
- Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta [I know it was Ms. Herrrera, I think it was Mr. de la Renta.] Have seen these icons pictured for years in magazines and Women's Wear Daily. Exciting. We also loved the Carolina Herrera store. Gorgeous. Even a sewing machine and seamstress on hand for free monograms if you bought the crisp white tailored shirt.
- Ladurée Macarons. New kid on the block--from Paris. Awesome; store was packed. Gave away free macarons. Beautiful packaging and bags. Check link.
- Michael Kors store. Such streamlined fashion, classic with an edge, clean but fun. Simply perfect.
- Milly store. OMG, the cardigan sweaters with rhinestone buttons, and the necklace Figgy tried on.
- Champagne. It was flowing for free in so many stores. Very nice. And the store Alice & Olivia had a carnival theme, with cotton candy and popcorn.
Would love to write more but getting up at 5 to start bike ride here in Gettysburg, PA by 6:30.