Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pull the Curtains on Today

I really wanted to write here tonight; knew exactly what I wanted to ponder. But now I am too tired.

It was another bleak day. Dark and scary. The Edge of Night would be a fitting name--borrowed from the afternoon soap opera my grandma Alice used to religiously watch, from her old wood rocking chair in her little garden apartment in Dumont. I watched it with her sometimes; all I remember now is that some old man in a wheelchair--I think he was wearing a cardigan sweater--was living in somebody's basement and they didn't know it.

Edge of Night indeed. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Nothing too TCOY except ice water. Couldn't even go to yoga b/c Fig had 9 A.M. dr. appt. and H. was flying back from San Francisco.
  2. Salon blowout.
  3. Nice long talk with Sis.
  4. Good tooth care.
  5. We saw our friends tonight at lovely Toni's Kitchen fundraiser.--for soup kitchen in town. I baked Southern coconut cupcakes and Texas chocolate cupcakes with chocolate sour cream frosting for the event and that felt good. Though there were a couple of BCs [baking casualties]--samples downed in the course of mixing, removing from cupcake tins and frosting. After all, I did have to be sure they tasted good. And they did.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! have been unable to comment all week, but now from a different computer

    agree the edge of night was an eerie name - never watched it - was too afraid

    so impressed that you can can feel down and still cook for others

    also love your listing of toothcare - have been meaning forever to try a brightener - actually have it - but one more dang thing at a time I have fallen off my skincare regime. honestly, supermodels don't spend the time i do on maintenance. bah!

    but you keep swinging, Alice, you're indomitable

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz...how are you? It is good to hear from you! I have been thinking of you and your wise and witty comments. thank you for being so encouraging, and if i promise to brush my teeth today, floss and use mouthwash, will you promise to pamper your skin? love alice

    ReplyDelete