|Bedtime reading about the Kennedy dynasty.|
So Sug and I were left to our own devices, and we had a peaceful night. Fun list:
- Shopped. But not wasteful shopping, for another accessory or sweater. This was Whole Foods, luxuriously empty on Saturday nights in Montclair, but still open til 10. Bought good things--dinner for tomorrow night, whole wheat bread, red apples and more.
- Googled. I love googling. While the white ball of fur curled up next to me, snoozing in the breakfast nook, I googled older editors I used to work for [nothing came up on three of them], a favorite Feminism in Literature professor from college and a dynamic journalism professor--who wanted to meet for cocktails after I graduated, but it felt wrong, though he was very attractive, sometimes practically leaping passionately across the lecture hall stage in close-fitting jeans. Googling people from my past is fun.
- Planted. Into the dirt went a candy-cane-striped amaryllis bulb and three small paperwhite bulbs [one for Fig's room].
- Listened. To Frank Sinatra on public radio.
- Support group. It takes bravery but is definitely TCOY. Step by step.
- Walked Sug about 30 minutes or more. The foliage was glorious against the blue sky; it felt so good to hit the sidewalk in my old sneakers and breathe in the air.
- Peaceful afternoon nap on couch with Sug. Remembered how Dad used to nap on Saturdays when I was a girl, our dog, Chip, curled beside him. It was a happy memory.
- Went to 5:30 Mass. Yay, can sleep late guiltlessly.