Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Click: Girls

This TV show is out there and you hang on every word. 
After Punch goes to sleep, one of my favorite things to do is catch up on "Girls" On Demand [HBO]. It's soap-opera addictive, satirical and laugh-out-loud hilarious. Also, Punch can't be anywhere in the room, as there's nudity and sex.

But have you heard the things these characters blurt out--especially Hannah [Lena Dunham] and Marnie [Allison Williams]? The story lines and dialogue, not to mention camera angles, are brave and refreshing--from an unfortunate green bikini on a full body for nearly a whole episode to cutting/honest remarks, like beautiful Marnie's to the guy she's been sleeping with: "I wouldn't be eating pizza in front of you if I actually liked you."

I didn't like the snippets of the show I caught when Fig first started watching--Hannah's outfits seemed so odd and off, for one thing, the tank tops, weird shorts, etc.--but now I embrace it all. It's candid and clever.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the dome.
  2. Got some kale salad at Whole Foods--tasty.
  3. I roasted whole carrots and made small bowl of mashed Yukon Golds with Punch. She never made mashed potatoes before.
  4. About to take bubble bath.



4 comments:

  1. Me, too. I'm a fan. I'm woefully behind this season, but I've recorded all of them and intend to catch up. I almost didn't read this post so I wouldn't be spoiled, so thanks for not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I was hoping you would comment! I'd love to talk to you about this and a million other things. when will we ever catch up in person? I will be in NYC on tuesday March 4 and have time from 2:30 to 4:30 if by chance you do. love alice xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh that day is not good. But I'm sorting out a few other plans and will shoot you a bunch of other dates. I'll get back to you early next week! I'd be willing to come to NJ, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatever works best for you, Kim.....love alice xoxoxo if you come here maybe we can have late lunch and walk around shops and then you can meet Punch. though she can be cranky after school sometimes.....love alice

    ReplyDelete