|In the recent past, time alone may have involved fine chocolate or an espresso-chip scone from the Little Daisy Bake Shop. I wanted a milkshake. But I got THESE at Whole Foods instead; 130 calories each. Just one was filling and good.|
As I stood musing over the potted irises to plant in our garden [actually, H. does the iris planting], a little gift, minus the ribbons and bows: the sweet smell of lavender lilacs drifting my way.
Grateful for that moment, that one moment, to breathe in the sweetness of spring. Intoxicating, light and lovely.
- Support group. Helpful.
- Fashion catch-up: Picked up dry cleaning, dropped off more. Washed delicates.
- Walked Sug down to hobbit houses with H. after dinner.
- I roasted sweet fresh apricots [per my friend Kim's tip to roast stone fruits]. Accessorized with sprinkle of cinnamon, splash of vanilla, a few butter polka dots. Poured a little cold cream over the warm fruit. Now we're talking.
- Called my cousin Lin to catch up and talked to Sis, too.
- Felt good to rest, especially when Punch's grandma texted to say they were going to the Cape May Zoo. I bet the little one loved it.