Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Day without Punch

In the recent past, time alone may have involved fine chocolate or an espresso-chip scone from the Little Daisy Bake Shop. I wanted a milkshake. But I got THESE at Whole Foods instead; 130 calories each. Just one was filling and good.
Stopped by the Presby Memorial Iris Gardens on Upper Mountain Avenue. Note to iris lover Sis: Gardens not in bloom yet. Got info, we'll go soon.

As I stood musing over the potted irises to plant in our garden [actually, H. does the iris planting], a little gift, minus the ribbons and bows: the sweet smell of lavender lilacs drifting my way.

Grateful for that moment, that one moment, to breathe in the sweetness of spring. Intoxicating, light and lovely.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Support group. Helpful.
  2. Fashion catch-up: Picked up dry cleaning, dropped off more. Washed delicates.
  3. Walked Sug down to hobbit houses with H. after dinner.
  4. I roasted sweet fresh apricots [per my friend Kim's tip to roast stone fruits]. Accessorized with sprinkle of cinnamon, splash of vanilla, a few butter polka dots. Poured a little cold cream over the warm fruit. Now we're talking.
  5. Nap.
  6. Called my cousin Lin to catch up and talked to Sis, too. 
  7. Felt good to rest, especially when Punch's grandma texted to say they were going to the Cape May Zoo. I bet the little one loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment