Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Healthy Girls' Night Out

It was a different kind of GNO...led by four health/wellness/nutrition/healthy eating/personal development coaches. No margaritas and bling--just chat about how to live a cleaner, greener food life.

Our boot camp friend, Diana Sabloff, joined with a panel of three other women at Manhattan Juice Bar in Montclair, where we paid a small cover charge and sampled everything from tabbouleh to mango smoothies and raw cookie balls. [My favorite was the chocolate-chip peanut butter energy ball, made with raw honey, and Heidi, I swiped the one on your plate after you left to get Michael at the train station. Didn't want it to go to waste.]

Diana has lost 70-plus pounds and kept them off for years; she has reinvented herself and is an inspiration. Caryn O'Sullivan is also a graceful wonder and the two other experts had it going on, too: Carol Newlands [Never say never. You don't have to be in a dark place. You can change who you are.] and Elizabeth Girouard, who leads "clean eating" groups.

I'd like to write more, but once again, it's near midnight. I promised myself I'd take a hot, luxurious bath yet now I need to go to sleep instead and will have to wait to do that after boot camp tomorrow. Also, I got derailed when I arrived home after 10. I smelled a major gas leak, called PSE&G emergency number, flung open all the windows, panicked, woke family up, afraid the two girls [and Red, who was dozing next to Figgy] would pass out. The PSE&G guy calmly sauntered in within an hour, waved his magic wand around and said there were no leaks, showed me what was wrong with our one stove burner and why it wasn't turning off.

Shout-out to Beth Silver, a friend of Diana's who provided cookie favor bags....I have to say that lacy tuille [I know it as a florentine cookie] sandwiched with fine chocolate was excellent. Here is her website, Chocolatism. I see she even sells antioxidant chocolate patties.

Also, raffle! I won a bottle from Olive That!, the popular olive oil shop in town. And my friends Patsy and Heidi offered prizes that lucky people won--a month of boot camp and a free astrological analysis [which can touch on dietary needs, energy level and more]. Heidi Macalle is a certified astrologer. And everyone I know, including me, who has had their own birth chart or a family member's chart studied by Heidi has found it really hit heart and home.

Good night, sweet dreams. Signing off with a prayer for someone special--and a prayer that I can be a better, calmer, healthier person. I have so much room for improvement.

TCOY
  1. Went to support group, 7 a.m.
  2. Walked Sug to hobbit houses. We both enjoyed a nice morning stroll. Her tail was up, head held high, spring in her step.
  3. Paid parking ticket....and car registration....in past, once let ticket go so long that license got suspended.
  4. Stir-fried veggies for dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment