Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Rolling: Rachel, Rachel


This 1968 tale was on the old movie channel yesterday--playing in the background while I set up a payment plan online for Fig's school. I loved it. Joanne Woodward is a 35-year-old schoolteacher in Connecticut who has never had a lover and lives with her demanding mother. Lots of flashbacks; she grew up with an undertaker Dad, working downstairs. I was so curious to see it all that I rented it today on google play, for $3.20. Just finished watching it. I adore old movies, especially from the 1960s...hate horror films...this was a drama, not horror.

P.S. When I worked at Good Housekeeping, we had an annual contest for which readers had to enter recipes using Newman's Own products, including pasta sauce and lemonade. The prize was thousands of dollars donated to the charity of your choice, plus a trip to NYC to have lunch with Paul Newman in The Rainbow Room. One year I got to go to the lunch, too, to interview winners. Paul and Joanne were there......though I didn't talk to them....

Stunning Woodward and Newman, who made their real home in Connecticut and raised three girls. Nell Newman plays young Rachel in the flashbacks.
TCOY
  1. Boot camp.
  2. Bubble bath.
  3. Nap. Something very stressful going on with our Punchy--court date was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment