Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

November Newsstand Frenzy

It's holiday time! And having worked in the women's magazine business for decades, I learned that November and December were the fattest issues of the year. [At Vogue, that would be the September "telephone book" fall fashion issue.]

As a shopper--at CVS, Whole Foods, Kings and ShopRite--I am not immune to those holiday cover lines and cover photos, which compel me and everyone else to buy the issues.

I better stop for November now, because I've already bought these and haven't read them all:

Smitten with: Blue cover, hot pink accents, yellow that pops and CHOCOLATE--the idea that it can be delicious and light.
Sold by: CHEAT, DRINK & STILL SHRINK.


In my area, the magazine tested a cover with
buttery mashed potatoes front and center--which sold me.
Since I worked @ GH for 10 years and have continued to write for them since 1999 [whenever I get an assignment], I often must buy--out of loyalty, curiosity, tradition.
How about you? Are you succumbing at the newsstands? Are you reading your favorites on your iPad? I'm not there yet. I still like holding them in my hand, tearing out recipes, etc.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park.
  2. Worked hard at editing, and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment