Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween, 13 Lucky/Unlucky Notes

Our Halloween Parade marches down the block on Sunday.
  1. Punchy can't decide what she wants to be. She was a ghost for the school parade Friday, herself for the school Boogie Bash that night, and a beachgoer in the photo above. [But all that took was sunglasses and a towel, because it was so warm out.] I have a pretty, mysterious mask I bought in NYC a few years ago for Figgy, and Punch can wear that with a black dress today.
  2. I am candy free so far this Halloween. Not yesterday, when I succumbed and then felt sick. It is very hard to pass up a tray of fancy cake pops in a new clothing boutique and those puffy, bright, sour candy corn gummies, which I had resisted all season....but that's it...over....done. 
  3. I can't undo my monstrous temper tantrums after, but I can make a difference going forward.
  4. This morning, Liz, a mom at the school bus stop, suggested keeping raw veggies and dip around all day. I have baby carrots and ranch dip; pretty good.
  5. I'm getting a blowout today. I think I have one or two left on the Moxie package I bought in town last year.
  6. Tomorrow, I'm flying to Syracuse, a city I've never been to. It's a two-night press tour to see the renovated historic hotel there, plus vineyards in Finger Lakes region, etc. I have passed up a lot of press trips lately, but since this was only 2 nights, I went for it--and the flight is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I've heard and written about the Finger Lakes, so curious to visit. 
  7. I have to do my load of gentle wash, so my wrap dress is ready to pack; it takes very little space in a bag.
  8. Figgy dressed up in wig and ivy like Poison Ivy from "Batman" movie....to go to her college classes today.
  9. Our two jack o'lanterns are holding up and looking good. Got tea lights that burn about 4 hours...
  10. Our next-door neighbor cat, Carlo, is like a storybook Halloween cat. He is black and white, friendly and mysterious.
  11. I haven't been exercising enough. Busy with a lot of work. But at least I just recharged my Fitbit battery, to inspire me to log steps.
  12. As my friend Nan says, drinking LOTS of water--just the way I like it, with plenty of ice.
  13. I feel the pain and regret and shame of being so mean yesterday afternoon. I feel it, I see it, I acknowledge it and I plan to put that kind of behavior behind me, and pack up the shame along with it. I choose to forgive myself, even though some nasty words are pretty unforgivable.
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment