Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Four Corners of a Full Day

Love this little old built-in wood desk tucked next to the hearth in a room at the
historic Sherwood Inn in Skaneateles [pronounced Skinny Atlas].

Time travel: Once a home, now a real estate agency.
Watching from the inn corridor.
  1. Breakfast at 11 Waters. At the buffet, I liked the mason jars of homemade salsa and shredded cheese to top scrambled eggs. Nice! Also, good coffee [from Cafe Kubal, a small-batch roaster in Syracuse] and a glass of fresh NY milk.
  2. Finger Lakes vineyards. We tasted hard cider and apple gin and apple vodka at Beak & Skiff and five different pours at Anyela's Vineyard. I really can't hold my liquor--let alone hold it in the daytime--so I did use the dump bucket to empty my glass between sipping. At the first place, nice Honeycrisp Apple Wine, really crisp and fresh. At the second, full-bodied reds to serve with steak or sharp cheese, and a very good Riesling.
  3. Sweet treats. I allowed myself to eat some chocolate today from the Chocolate Pizza Company in Marcellus [it's candy, not dough] and one large peanut butter chocolate chip cookie from the little yellow fairy-tale Patisserie next to the Sherwood Inn. And now, I am finished. Lots of ice water by my side.
  4. Hotel comforts. Love the big hotel ice machine and bucket, appreciated even more after that hot summer when we didn't have a working fridge and had to lug home bags of ice from the store. Also grateful for stacks of clean white face cloths and towels.
Good night.

TCOY
We hiked and walked today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment