Glad I am not working full-time now/yet so I can tweak my life and do all this. Seriously.
Check out these positive steps for today:
- Walked and talked with Rachael [my friend and nutrition support pixie] for almost 50 minutes in park. Pretty, sunny day.
- Went to Whole Foods, again, this time for the ingredients to make spaghetti squash with Bolognese sauce [with white wine, ground turkey, etc. etc.] for dinner. I kept half of it meatless. Dan was out working--I saved him a bowl--but Figgy and her friend loved it. I mean really loved it. Punch a bit pickier. But even with help, making the dinner and doing the dishes took a couple hours. I do have a nice amount of sauce left over, so just need to roast another big squash.
- It was 2:30 and all I had eaten so far was a piece of Ezekiel sprouted grain toast w almond butter. So I bought some prepared foods at Whole Foods and sat down at the counter and ate them; 4 oz. Sonoma chicken salad; kale salad; a few brown rice sushi.
- Rachael is about the French women way of eating--a little real butter, real milk, half and half in coffee, a little heavy cream on berries, all okay. I ran into her at Whole Foods! She was making the Bolognese, too. I got a wedge of excellent Parmigiano-Reggiano to grate on top. Yum.
- Other healthy things I bought: steel-cut oats; walnuts; Wallaby whole milk Greek yogurt; blueberries; raspberries.
I am grateful. Talk to you tomorrow. [At 9:45 a.m., I'm going to a free indoor cycling class at the Cycle Bar in Montclair with Rachael. See what I mean? I have to carve out time for my work! But I'm trying to get these healthy building blocks in place.]