Search This Blog

Friday, February 2, 2018

Perchance to Dream

I've been tapping away on work assignments. Writing about a veggie chopper--which Punchy and I had to test--and then about beautiful rooms in exclusive enclaves of Los Angeles. Oh, the old French farmhouse table; the dusty blue velvet ottoman; the blue cabinetry in a kitchen. All under the editing eye of Isabelle at deKorla.com.

Meanwhile, a dear friend messaged me on Facebook this afternoon and she needs my prayers; her husband is very sick. Prayers, prayers. Daisy chains of prayers. Rosebud crowns of prayers. Buckets and pails and laundry baskets, cookie tins and coffeepots and dishpans and grocery bags, all full to the brim with prayers for my dear friend, her husband and their family. Pocketbooks of prayers, totebags of Hail Marys. Why does life deal some of us such rough cards?

Darkness falls. Hearts sink. Tears come. Hope prevails. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Story about your friends’ bad news, and touched by your evocative plea - buckets and rosebud crowns and tote bags of prayers. They are lucky to have you.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz. Do you believe in the power of prayer? My lifelong friend and I talk about this sometimes.,,is prayer just a comfort for those who pray? Alice

      Delete