- The tiny gold and diamond stud earrings, the first diamonds I ever received, a lovely graduation gift from my college boyfriend, Jeff. I can't believe I haven't lost them since opening that little box and seeing the sparkling stones in my campus apartment in May 1983.
- A couple of heart pendants, Valentine gifts from Don and Sis. So pretty.
- Two pairs of Christian Dior [costume jewelry] earrings that I bought as a newlywed. One pair is faux amethyst, the other faux aquamarine. Still nice, and I know they will be even nicer once I clean them with hot water, hand soap and a toothbrush.
- My mother's mother's ring, with the birthstones of her four children. Sis passed it on to me. It's too small for my fingers; might have it made into something.
- The skinny Trish McEvoy brow pencil I bought on one of my solo summer drives to the Hamptons! There's a nice little Trish McEvoy store tucked away on Jobs Lane in Southampton. One summer day a couple/few years back, they were even selling beautiful, dreamy Trish McEvoy blouses. Wanted, wanted....not in my size, or my budget, but soooooo pretty. The colors, bows, necklines, feminine details. I can't find images of them anywhere now....HOLD THE PHONE! I just went to TrishMcEvoy.com and it looks like blouses may be coming!!!
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Here are some things I was happy to find when I dug through that dresser top yesterday, dust cloth in hand:
I digress. Must get to work at my desk. Good day to you!