- For Figgy, a Starbucks card and two chubby vegan brownies from the baker at RedEye Cafe on Walnut Street. Fig said they were really good. I avoided baking and that was hard, so I bought my way to her heart. I can make some raise-the-bar brownies with fine chocolate, Valrhona cocoa and egg replacer [or applesauce]. Had to fight the urge to bake rich trigger foods.
- For Danny, sage soap on a rope from Chelsea Square in Montclair, plus a cute red felt Hallmark card and a $25 gift card to Shinola. He wants to save up for a watch. I got him a bigger Shinola gift card for Christmas.
- For Punchy, a beautiful big coloring book from Learning Express—plus the Little Daisy Bake Shop swag I blogged about on Sunday.
- For Sis, a bracelet of pink beads and luminous, moon-glow pink pearls by Mary Marino, shipped to Connecticut to arrive right on time today, two red-foil-wrapped chocolate hearts tucked in the box. Mary’s pink stands for unconditional love and compassion.
- For Sugar, nothing but the coos and love that doggy girl gets every day from all four of us. But I could have baked her peanut butter dog bones and wrapped them up with a pink satin bow.
- For me from Dan, fancy Dolce Federica chocolates made by a woman in Montclair and sold at Java Love [his second home/work office]. They weren’t dense [actually featherlight], so not too guilt-ridden, and I shared them. Also: Red wine at supper. And from me to me and to my family, heart-healthy foods, including fish, chicken, steamed veggies, baked yams and baby spinach.