Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sloth

I was lazy like a sloth today. I didn’t even go to Mass. With Punchy reveling at Disney World w her Mimi, I am being hedonistic. I have been binge-watching the first season of "Riverdale," the mystery series based on Archie Comics characters. 

But Dan kept me from being a total couch potato, insisted we fold and hang a couple piles of clean laundry. Then at 4, I took a bath and then we took a beautiful walk w Figgy and Sug at South Mountain Reservation, the 2-mile loop near Turtle Back Zoo. Now that we have a car [we bought a used Toyota], we can drive over there!

Time to return to Riverdale. I’m loving my peace. Back to work tomorrow, though. Hope to drive to Sis’s Tuesday afternoon and sleep over. Punch back Wednesday afternoon.

Good night.

TCOY

  1. Good night’s sleep!
  2. That bath.
  3. A nap on couch.
  4. That walk!!!! Figgy, a botanist, collected mosses.
  5. Made healthy foods. Had banana and pear w toasted almonds; Greek yogurt; corn tortillas; tomatoes; salad; a little dark chocolate.


4 comments:

  1. We all need some sloth and hedonism. And a walk like that can be hedonistic as well!

    My back went out, and I’m using that as an excuse to binge watch The Americans, a show about spies in suburban family life. Feels like a vacation, to mentally get away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nan, I hope your back feels better. Back pain is so wrenching sometimes. I heard about that spy show and should get to that, too! Netflix proving alluring for me. Have a good day. Xo

      Delete
  2. Spending time on yourself is time well spent, and the loads of laundry sounds like just enough dutifulness to make the rest even better! Plus, Passion Sunday a bummer if you are not in the mood. And it will re-run next year (hee).
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It was Palm Sunday, right! I always go! Yes, ultra long readings but symbolic palm fronds. Thank you for the reminder. Seriously. I know Easter is Sunday but somehow lost sight of Holy Week. xo to you Liz. I want to talk about our Catholic girlhoods some time. Hubby back from Australia?

      Delete