Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday Walker & Worker

TCOY
  1. Important phone call with mentor.
  2. Hot bubble bath.
  3. Applied makeup and accessorized.
  4. Walked a lot: around block w Sug and Buttercup once, plus by myself into and out of town [see below]. Close to one hour total.
  5. Busy working, stressed about deadlines--texting w Dan helped. He offered some calming, big-picture advice.
  6. I'm planning to go to 7 a.m. support group tomorrow, if can drag self out of bed--and to a women's retreat overnight at the Catholic Church on Friday.
  7. Threw out remaining chocolate bday cake and chocolate cake kids baked. I promised myself at bedtime last night that if I kept going into freezer to get it, I would throw it out. 
$MSOOP
  • Walked to town with laptop and notebooks, 20 min. on some icy sidewalks, to do my work at Joyist. Paleo chocolate haystack cookie. [My delicious chocolate latte, the chocolate syrup sweetened with dates, was free because it was my 10th punch on my rewards card!] $4.
  • Gloves for Punchy, who keeps losing hers [and we also lose some when we put the wooly stuff away every year]. Winter sale at Over the Moon. Originally $36, now $12.
  • Asian grain salad as I work here at Joyist. Very healthful and I like the dressing and extra hot sauce. Ample, filling, hard to finish. $12. Then I walked 20 min. back to our corner to meet Punch at schoolbus stop and then Uber w. her back to her weekly therapy. [Dan was doing the groomer run for Sugar with our car but drove us home later.] Uber $8.05 plus $1 tip. My tote was so heavy that I left it at Joyist and picked it up w Punch. She got Java Energy Bites and a half-size Luke blend. $11. No. 3=$32.05
  • Kings, which I have been avoiding per talk with Dan, for a few basics, almost all on deep sale, such as frozen steam-in-bag veggies, buy one/get one free. Purchases included vegan cheese; green beans; broccoli; pound of Cabot butter [needed for baked yams at dinner]; jar of SunButter; and a pint of grass-fed half & half [indulgence]. $21.75.
TOTAL: $69.80

2 comments:

  1. Throwing out chocolate cake -wow, good for you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend. Yes, that is hard to do--especially for my Inner Child, who craved sweets and didn't have them too often. But in my house, Fig is vegan, Dan is not a sweets nut and Punchy takes forever to get around to eating things, so that leaves me and the two dogs, Sugar and Sis's Buttercup. And we all know chocolate can kill dogs. Thanks for support, Liz.

      Delete