Also, I picked up Punch and friend after school at 3:35 and we walked to the pizza place, getting some exercise. I had a free parking spot on Orange Road.
We went into Blue Mercury, that beauty store I like, and Punch tried on a lipstick and filmed herself on her iPad. I spritzed on the Trish McEvoy Precious Pink Jasmine Eau de Parfum, which I love as much for its pink color and intoxicating scent as for the shape of the bottle. But I have never owned it: 1.7 fl. oz. for $210! plus tax. I loved testing the new fast-absorbing, golden, glitter-dusted 100 Luminous Hair and Body Oil [for arms, décolleté, legs etc.--and hair] on my hand--but alas, $85. Then into Lululemon, where Young Miss tried on a tiny pair of black pants made in a partnership with SoulCycle. So cute.
We bought nothing in either store. Just browsing.
After dinner, I made vegan pumpkin cookies from Vegetable Cakes, that book I was assigned to write about. Surprising ingredient for me: ground cardamom. Dan really likes the cookies. I like them ok. Kind of like a breakfast cookie. Can't get the two fifth graders to try them [yet]. Fig is out but I bet she will like them.
P.S. I just read that the golden Trish oil contains cardamom seed extract...so cardamom is the word of the day....featured in the cookies and the dream beauty potion.
$ MONEY OUT OF POCKET
|It looks a million times prettier and sparkles a |
thousand times more in person.
- Let me explain myself. There's a Touchstone Crystal by Swarovski event at my favorite beauty salon periodically. I get the emails, but I've always missed the events. Kim, who works at the salon, has the beautiful Tri-Wrap Bracelet in Blush. I swooped right in on that today, joking with Kim that I hope she didn't mind me copying her. It is so pretty and looks more "blush" colored/not tan, in person. Will go nicely with black especially. I can see myself wearing it year-round, since I prefer bracelet-length sleeves. Photo above, $69 + shipping + tax. $79.95.
- With girls, Villa Victoria Pizza. 3 special [not regular] slices, 6 garlic knots w red sauce, 1 drink, about $14.80. tip jar $2.20 $17.
- Montclair Farms, two day-old croissants for P plus 1 container [$6.50] of chocolate-covered protein balls for all of us, even dropped one off to Figgy at work, $8.80 plus tip jar. $9.
- Signed up for Punchy's Montclair Recreation spring soccer season online. It is such a bargain, thanks to volunteer coaches--$90 with early-bird discount, which includes player's shirt, shorts and socks. But at checkout, I made a $10 donation to help the league/fund scholarships? and ordered "fanwear" shirts for me [$17.99] and Punch [$14.99] and $5.99 for shipping. Geez, that climbed up fast from bargain to bust. $48.97.
- CVS, would you believe Punchy's monthly RX supply of 1 mg. melatonin tablets--she takes one before bed every night--was so inexpensive? 94 cents.