Now that Punch is nearly 12, the play dates do require less hands-on attention....she and her pal walked back from town, 20 minutes, and the fresh air pinked their noses and cheeks.
But we cannot tune out totally, or God knows, batches of slime might be whipped up; "brownies" made with no recipe, wasting ingredients, making a mess and turning out like a rock; or too much time spent on devices. Dan or I must take those away. These kids are sly, and the internet beckons big-time. Such a huge time waster, and feelings can be hurt via email or text.
Must rest. Good night.
- Made pumpkin oatmeal.
- Talked to Sis [planned Met Museum for this Thursday]--and to my friend Bruce, from Rutgers Daily Targum days.
- Shopped for and made healthy dinner....Grace's Mushroom Soup, from the little cookbook we bought on Isle au Haut off the coast of Maine, when we stayed with young Figgy at a lighthouse keeper's house turned into a B&B! I love Judy's recipes in this book. Made some of the soup vegan for Fig, without butter, milk and sour cream.
- Applied for another job that interests me; that makes three.
- Parking meter, $1.50.
- Montclair Bread Co., Rosemary Sourdough loaf, $7, and small jar granola, $5, + $1 jar tip, $13.
- Williams-Sonoma, deep sale on Giada's Lemon Ricotta Cookie Mix [I tucked box in freezer for company/special occasion] and Frosted Gingerbread liquid hand soap. Original prices were $16.95 + $12.95. I paid $9.71 + $3.99. Add tax, $13.96.
- Punch asked if I could take her and V. to Little Bear Poke for lunch, and I said yes. Bill for three of us, $41.05 + $2 jar tip, $43.05.
- Girls then walked to Learning Express, the toy store a few doors up the street. Punch had the $20 gift card we gave her for Val Day. She needed a bit more for her purchases. 22 cents.
- I was after a jar of lemon curd for recipe my lovely friend Rachael, health coach, told me about: Icelandic yogurt with a dollop of lemon curd and fresh raspberries. Want to make for family, too. Got almond milk/nondairy yogurt for Fig, and she can't have the lemon curd [butter]. Wasn't sure ShopRite would have the jar, so went to Kings. While there, got chicken and other things on sale, plus fresh dill for the mushroom soup [above]. $38.55.
- ShopRite next, where things really were much more affordable. I had $17 and 3 coupons and bought a lot, including 24 oz. baby Bella mushrooms,10 oz. white mushrooms, butter, milk, 4 shiny green apples, a lemon and more. Was dismayed to see the exact high-end French brand of lemon curd [Bonne Maman] on sale for $3.99. I had paid $5.49 at Kings, but didn't have energy to exchange/bring it back, etc...$16.53.