I had them use the recipe from the Martha Stewart Baking Handbook. It calls for light brown sugar, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla--and a cup of shredded coconut, but the girls nixed that. I told them toasted coconut takes oatmeal cookies over the top; my friends love that trick I learned from a Good Housekeeping recipe. But today, no coconut.
Figgy was good enough to load the dishwasher when she got back from work; I keep telling the girls, who love to bake and sell, that cleaning up is a big part of being a baker. But once the cookies were ready, they were out on foot with their tray, ringing doorbells. And I was stretched out on the couch, reading "Modern Love" in the Times.
I want to get into bed and read some more now. Monday is coming soon!
- Oatmeal w pure pumpkin and sliced almonds, a little cream.
- Hot bubble bath.
- Applied Naked & Thriving Detox Oil for face, Nars concealer sample [really like it], Trish McEvoy beauty oil, earrings, skirt, black V-neck, Nars lip balm [love it].
- Baked those healthy pumpkin cookies again.
- Turkey chili.
- Went to 6:30 p.m. Mass with girls.
- Grateful to hear Figgy reading to Punch at bedtime, Good feeling.
- Church donation, $20.
- By the time we left Mass and found the restrooms, it was after 7:30, the girls were hungry and I didn't want to return V. on a schoolnight without giving her dinner. That's the problem with a Sunday evening Mass. So we went to Villa Victoria, where I got a chicken parm hero for the girls to share and an eggplant one for Dan and me to have at home, plus one can seltzer + tip, $24.
- CVS for jumbo bottle of Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash, Dr. Teal's bath salts [Punch using now], Dentastix for Sugar [pricey, $12.99], milk, $1.00 American Heart Association donation at register, etc. $39.80.