And no wonder so many TV commercials and magazine ads are devoted to hair color--it's so much more affordable to DIY, though I never have.
TCOY [TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF]
- Salon upkeep. And now Salon 212 sells Aveda lipstick and brow pencil, both grouped according to your hair color. Wendy helped me choose. [Even with brow tint, I still have to fill in arch a little, and I was glad to have a professional help me w the shade. My Maybelline brow pencil is down to a nub.]
- Met Rach at park at 3 p.m. and we had a great talk for about 30 minutes, sitting on a bench. She is a friend I treasure.
- Got a new bike helmet. The one I had, from Target, was choking me under the chin.
Just corrected it March 19.
|Punchy's Cherry Blossom |
Nutcase helmet. It is adult size small.
- Salon 212, hair color, $135 [only once every few months]; blowout, $35; brow tint, $20; Aveda brow pencil, $24; and lipstick, plus tax and $36 in tips for three women, $242.18.
- Sandwich Theory, smoked turkey with arugula, cucumber and goat cheese on multigrain, plus ice water, $9.54.
- ATM bank fee, $3.
- Vet, just for "facial grooming," $25.
- Manhattan Juice Bar, large kale/quinoa salad for Fig, two chocolate PB energy balls, medium PB/banana/almond milk smoothie plus $1 jar tip, $22.50.
- Montclair Bikery, great new helmets for me and Punch, so we can pedal safely. Punchy's adorable Nuthatch with cherry blossom pattern was $69.99. My plain white helmet, which I like, was $40. I prefer this to Target, because the saleswoman here fitted us. Add tax, $117.28.
- Fig running out to pick up friend, so asked her to get milk and soy milk, $7.