Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Zero Down

Nice Sunday. Icy & slushy outside, all the better for sinking into a nice deep nap on the couch for one hour.

Didn't spend a cent today. We cooked and enjoyed the healthy foods I bought. Punch even loved some spaghetti squash with a little butter on top. For dinner, oven fries [my friend Rach's recipe], steamed haricots verts and chicken cutlets. [Dan is in Maine for his brother's birthday and to see his mom, back tomorrow.]

If our young friends at church were going for bagels, Punch & I likely would have joined them, but they weren't! And when a school pal came over to play, I made the girls lunch but resisted their pleas to drive to Dunkin' Donuts.

DAILY TOTAL: $0.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MARCH 10: $1651.57.
SO FAR, THAT'S AN AVERAGE DAILY SPEND OF: $165.15.
THE HAIRCUT, Whole Foods and PUNCH BIRTHDAY GIFTS REALLY DROVE IT UP. Spends will be unusually high when it's Punchy's or Figgy's birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Woot, woot- yay for resisting the middle schoolers! Going to follow you this week and avoid spending money, a lot going on too easy to lose my head.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconding the woots! So nice to have a day at home, feeling frugal. During the gov't shutdown, I cooked from my freezer and pantry. Less fresh food, but big savings.

    Things like birthday spending is why I need a budget that isn't a monthly budget. I just paid my real estate taxes which come twice a year. Don't want to eat beans and rice for the rest of the month, or again in September! So part of the annual budget.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Nan---exactly. But I sometimes find it challenging/tiring/grownup/not playful to have to do this. But I am def making progress. Who says budgeting should be playful, right? But it is when buying scooters or lipsticks? Liz, Punch doesn't start middle school until next year. New chapter, kind of scary. In Montclair, elementary goes thru fifth grade and then middle school is 6th/7th/8th. Love Alice

      Delete